WWE, TNA, RoH, MEXICO, JAPAN even some MMA...

Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Era of Downloading is Upon us



All I can say is ...thank the wrestling gods for the current state of technology that allows a complete nitwit like myself to be able to obtain any and all kinds of pro wrestling via a internet connection.

And trust me when i tell you that I was around watching wrestling when the absolute most you could get in Australia was originally a short clipping in the Daily Mirror sports section giving the results from Sydney Stadium the night before





 and then when Jim Barnett came to Aussie and we got 2 hours a week on tele for a few years....and no I wont babble on about how great the WAR was again.....




Of course Bill Apter helped out with his piles of absolute fiction for quite a few years until some genius figured out how to make a functioning VCR with the approriate tapes thereof 



At this point, while still a bit difficult to get stuff at Video shops in Sydney for a fair while, I managed to rent both WWF and NWA/WCW tapes ( months behind but still) then for some reason the Power Station record shop at Bankstown Square started selling tapes 



, which was very cool...this whole time I was going to local shows in Sydney , wishing someone would tape this stuff and sell it..imagine if you will , a tape containing the Greatest Hits of Ken "Dazzler" Dunlop & Wayne"Lofty" Pickford , or The Baddest of The Black Scot...how good would that have been.
(NOT REAL VHS TAPES)


This carried on for a few years until Piledriver magazine appeared and I was able to get results of the local shows ...once again, how good would tapes of this been?...speaking of tapes , I managed to buy a few , I think through the wrestling hotline, by all means correct me if im wrong , odd stuff, Lucha and the eddie gilbert shoot..wacko huh?
So time went buy, and Orstralya got Austar satellite tele, which got me into WCW/nWo causse they were showing Nitro and the PPVs.....




and occasionally I went to Hoyts theatre at Parramatta Westfield cause they were showing the WWF ppvs on the big screen .....So through the years we ended up with virtually an inexhaustable supply of dvds, even got a PWA Call to Arms dvd  which was cool, cause I was at that show.

Around late 2015, I discovered a pommy company called Progress, they had a free show on You tube, which has also been a great aid in watching wrestling from all over 



everywhere, anyway, I found out they had a site where I could buy and download shows , a new thing called "ON DEMAND" had appeared on the Reckiing Ball radar well, that was me sold, and away I went, I now have about 25 Progress "Chapters" and aint stopping anytime soon......


Speaking of You Tube causing a spate of credit card manipulation, both Explosive Pro Wrestling  from West Aussie and MCW or Melbourne City Wrestling and their respective YT channels introduced me to Vimeo and I have a pile of both companies shows, and a few docos from Highspots  as well




 ....also on youtube , I kept seeing clips of Kayfabe Commentry stuff and one day gave into temptation and followed the link supplied and, naturally, bashed the debit card, and through DIY Wrestling, now have quite a selection , although It must be said, I dont get the having to buy tokens first than getting the download.



Now it has to be said that whilst getting the aussie stuff from vimeo (EPW, MCW, IWA etc etc) I wished long and hard, even crossed my fingers once or twice that PWA and Newy Pro (my local) would get into downloads of their shows , and guess what..go on guess?....yep, PWA and Newy pro got together and have established a pivotshare channel for the masses (hopefully) to obtain their shows from...



HOW GOODS THAT?...needless to say Im already on board ...ya gots to love the intraweb

So, as I'm wont to say occasionally...




 go get yaself some stuff and have a ball.

SEEYA 























No comments:

Post a Comment