WWE, TNA, RoH, MEXICO, JAPAN even some MMA...

Saturday, December 27, 2014

A LESSON IN WRESTLING MATH



How good was the NXT Revolution .?...yeah, yeah, I know I took my time, but i had to watch it a time or six, just to confirm that it was as good as it looked

Its fairly safe to say that the BEST wrestling talent in the WWE currently is going to Full Sail Uni...sure they have all worked elsewhere all over the world , but for most of the WWE Universe this is the first time they have seen the future of the company before ....unlike us lucky people who have been watching a goodly percentage of the event participants for many a year.



To be fair WWE have been producing talent from NXT for a while now ...like The Shield for instance, weve all see Ambrose and Rollins in their other secret identities at other promotions,  even Punk and Bryan were in "developmental" their for a bit....cause they had to "learn" the WWE way, what ever that is, I still havent figured out what that is, if I had to guess, its probably something about projecting to a bigger crowd 



A mate tweeted me when the talent started showing up on NXT and said something along the lines of .."this is just like Vince in the days before WM1 going cherry picking the various territorys"...and I can see his point, it is like it in some resepects.

All the hot talent on NXT (apart from Charlotte and Baron Corbin) have come from the indies, not that I have a problem with that, HELL, everybody had to start somewhere, right?



Just some of the  feds they have come from are ROH/PWG, Dragon Gate, Shimmer, New Japan and even NSW Australias own PWA , with the signing of Emma to the NXT roster.

Compare and contrast, if you will, the recent shows NXT Takeover Revolution and WWE Tables, Ladders, Chairs & Stairs...




.judging by what I saw and mates I talked to, you cant compare them, TLC had two great matches, one of which was totally f**ked up by a ridiculous exploding plasma monitor, while NXT was top heavy with brilliance, even those goofs in the Assencion pulled a great match out of themselves, of course that might of had something to do with their opponents..one Hideo Itami and Fin Balor ( Kenta and Prince Devitt for those who dont know)



The workrate and story telling on NXT is astounding, an unusual thing to say in the WWE nowadays, I'm no expert, but RAW and Smackdown have become tedious, its like everyone is decided to cruise since they cant do anything shocking due to the PG rating, well, except for Ziggler, he seems to have decided to grab the brass ring, shine it up real nice and stick that sumbitch up Vinny Macs buttocks



 NXT has got a few of the gang up to the main roster, The Shield, Big E Langston and the currently amazing Damien "Mizdow" Sandow ...Bo Dallas has had a couple of spots but I cant say his done too much for me, The Wyatts have made a bit of a splash, why they broke them up, or the Sheild for that matter,..eludes me.....surely they could of held off for a another couple of months ....although, I can see all six of the boys getting a guernsey at Wrestlemania 31, who it will be against is up to the soapy writers at Titan Towers....Oh and then there is Adam Rose, who started wrestling in South Africa in 1995 as a 16 year old...I liked the Leo Kruger gimmick...but his Russell Brand like Adam Rose is more suited to him...it will be interesting to see where it goes, at the moment, it seems they are using Rose to reform "The Age of the Fall" from ROH...;)




I must say, when Paige showed up on NXT , then WWE tv, I was happy that AJ finally had someone to work with other than Mrs Cena or Mrs Bryan...and maybe Mrs Uso too...Paige is from a long line of well trained wrestlers, her mum and dad are still going in the UK...so, to see where they go with her over the long run will be interesting.

Speaking of Divas ( I hate that name by the way) how good is Charlotte, the Nature Girl, for she is Ric Flairs daughter,  is an excellent talent, who knew, I think she has a long term future, once again as long as the writers dont f*8k it up.

I have to admit that Tyler Breeze shits me, the selfie taking numbnut, THEN, I realised his doing exactly what he is supposed to do...job well done, his come a long way from his early days in the Canadian indies as Mathias Wld



Then there is Baron Corbin, who is a bit of a flashback, he comes to NXT with nil pro wrestling experience, his a football player learning his craft, sort of like Wahoo and Ernie Ladd did back in the day....His is the current King of the Squash match, which I thoiught were a thing of the past, he has run roughshod over everyone, and looked pretty good doing it...and no one has mentioned the word streak once...how refreshing.

The only thing I'm concerned about is when the current group  on NXT get "promoted" and the half arsed excuse for creative f**k htem up with rickoculous (thanks Jericho) gimmicks or strory lines...BUT...I guess we will just have to wait and see

FINGERS CROSSED















No comments:

Post a Comment