WWE, TNA, RoH, MEXICO, JAPAN even some MMA...

Monday, December 26, 2011

ROH..what took me so long?


NOW...I have to admit to being incredibly static in my wrestling veiwing up until about 2002...it was all old school aussie, WWF/E, ECW, WCW and LUCHA with an occasional foray into japan...then along came wrestling forums and the discovery of other company's, sure i'd heard of these other company's,  I'd just never got of my arse long enough to get hold any of their product


Funnily enough, you know what got me into ROH..go on, guess...give up ??....TNA, amazing aint it, friggin TNA, it was just after they got the 6 sided ring that I started to amass the contents of my TNA dvd shelf, and whilst watching, I saw some guys i'd only vaguely heard of...Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Roderick Strong, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley...I thought to myself, they must have a body of work on dvd somewhere, so i asked guys on various forums and got told to grab some RoH dvd's...so off to the cyber shopping centre I went...and grabbed hold of the following....,UNIFIED, DRAGONGATE CHALLENGE, ARENA WARFARE, and i saw all the guys I knew plus a few more, American Dragon, Nigel McGuiness, C.M Punk, Colt Cabana, Jimmy Rave, Low Ki and Homicide to name a few

Over the last 3 years my Roh collection has exploded,  stacks of PPV's, a mountain of tv discs and a whole slew of talent added to my favourite wrestler list, whats that ?..who ?...




For starters there is "Dem Boys" The Brisco Brothers, who i'm a total mark for I must say, Delerious, Kenny Omega, Necro Butcher, Grizzly Redwood, Rascke Brown, Michael Elgin who recently power bombed two guys at once on TV ( beat that Cena), Rhett Titus, Kenny King, Tomasso Chiampa, Kevin Steen, El Generico, Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards....not a bad list huh?




The booking at Roh is pretty damn good too, probably the best (and longest) angle that current booker, Delerious, hade a hand in, was the year long fued between Kevin Steen and El Generico, it had matches at PPV's and multiple gimmick matches on TV....although its been said that Delerious just let Steen and Generico run the thing with just a little help from him...


Also there is one thing about RoH I like, they give young guys a fighting chance to get over, for example The Young Bucks, they went to TNA and got royally stuffed around, heel one week, face the next, split up, put back together...that don't happen at RoH, you get a fair chance to get your act over, highly refreshing I must say.


Of Course, Vince (and TNA) have spotted talent and offered them "opportunty's" ( that's McMahon speak for we don't actually have anything for you, but hiring you may f**k up the ratings of the company you were working at before)

A few blokes have been snapped up by WWE and TNA...these blokes actually

TYLER BLACK - WWE...now Seth Rollins, getting squished in FCW
CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI - WWE, now Antonio Resaro, also in FCW
CHRIS HERO - WWE - failed a testosterone test, sacked, recently came back to RoH
BRYAN DANIELSON - WWE - now Daniel Bryant, after much shit, got the heavyweight title
C.M PUNK - WWE, wouldn't let them change his name, has won numerous titles
SAMOA JOE - TNA - started out great back in 05, has now stalled, needs to haul arse
AJ STYLES - TNA..we all know how well AJ has done for himself
AUSTIN ARIES - TNA - second run, X division champ


Anyway, I just watched FINAL BATTLE  2011, and got to see Dem Boys beat The World's greatest tag team for the straps, that makes the Brisco's 7 time champs, also the return of Kevin Steen and a possible re-ignition of the fued with Generico....gonna be a good year I reckon at RoH...


SEEYA




SIDE BAR .....I'm going to start calling Vince McMahon fkn Virgil McNamara,see how he likes getting his name changed....

No comments:

Post a Comment